Friday, June 25, 2010

Notre Dame, Pantheon, Louve, Arc de Triumph and Eiffel Tower





6/23/10

Today was a busy day for us in Paris, France. The first place to went to was the Arc de Triumph. It was positioned in the middle of a busy street. We eventually found an underground street that took us to the middle. It wasn't a windy day, but for some reason when we came up from underground it was. On one side of the Arc there were a ton of military police. I am still wondering why they were all stationed there. One of my favorite places in Paris was Notre Dame. It was amazing inside! It had so much detail inside and you could light candles for people who have passed on. I think it was more beautiful inside than St. Peter's Basilica. We visited the Pantheon on the outside, which was okay to see. However, the scenery around it was pretty. By the time we got to the Louve we were exhausted from sight seeing. We basically blew through the exhibits and pushed our way through to see the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci. I expected the painting to be huge, which it was not. The rest of the time spent in the museum I decided to take many silly pictures. We ended the night going back to the Eiffel Tower. My new camera's battery dies out the night before and I had to take picture of it. I decided to cross and busy street by the water so I could get a great shot of it. When I was crossing back over I was not paying attention and a Nigerian saved me from a speeding car. By looking at his facial expression I could tell that I scared the crap out of him. His friends were calling him Superman!

Note to self: By another all day Metro pass. It saves you a ton of Euro's.

No comments:

Post a Comment