Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Paris to Nice= not so much fun!




6/24/2010

Today was by far the worst travel day. We left our Paris hotel at 4:30 a.m. to arrive at the airport at by 5:30 a.m. When we walked in we immediately went to go check in. We learned that the French pilots decided to go on strike. Our freaking flight was canceled. As two hours went by Rox and I tried to get on other fights and trains to get us to Nice. Nothing! Flights were expensive and conductors also decided to go on strike. However, within another hour and the help of Ryan, we found a 6 hour train that would take us from Paris to Nice. When it was time to board the train I couldn’t believe what I was seeing! It seriously was a free for all!! People pushing, cutting in front of each other and families having there children sneak and push you our of the way. There was a French Jewish family that I will never forget. They were yelling at people to get them out of their seats so they could sit down. Now let me remind you that this train merged with four other trains! For the first 30 minutes Rox and I had to sit on our suitcases in the middle of the isle way. NOT FUN! Due to the lack of space, people trampling over one another and people screaming in French, I seriously thought I was going to have a panic attack. I did stand up at scream get me off this thing!! Hahaha… Once we hit the first stop a few people in seats next to us got off the train. We immediately took their seats, but had new comers tell us to me. I looked at them and started to laugh! A man translated in French for us, “No! Due to the strike you sit where you can!” We also learned from this man that the conductors make about $6,000 per month, so it is not a big deal to them to go on strike and not get paid for one day. WEIRD! How their jobs are protected and nothing can be done fix this ciaos.

Note to self and others: Do not book country flights to Easy Jet. They are not so Easy!


We finally arrived in Nice around 7:00 p.m. Our entire day was completely shot and I wasn’t too happy about not being able to be on the beach all day! At least one good thing that happened was we checked in a great hotel that was right on the beach. Rox and I scoped the scene out, got dinner and hit the sack. BORING, Yes! But all energy was drained from the screwed up day we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment